Account Director - Hybrid
The Account Director is the lead senior point of contact for large clients and is a trusted advisor to clients and the broader project and account teams. The Account Director applies a deep understanding of the Company's and the client's industry, business, and products and translates client needs into opportunities to provide additional solutions and drive revenue growth. This role ensures the smooth creative-led production of campaigns, from briefing strategists and the creative team, though to managing budgets and directing a dedicated account and project management team.
- Owns senior-level relationships with clients and key agency players.
- Establishes trusted advisor relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Acts as a strategic partner providing counsel to assigned client(s) by demonstrating a deep understanding of their market and business sectors and their specific challenges and opportunities.
- Provides thought leadership, insights, and perspectives that support client initiatives and align services and solutions with client needs.
- Mentors, coaches, trains and develops the team through formal sessions and on an ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for developing and delivering on the Account Plan though a client-centric orientation and across functional groups within the Matthews network.
- Maintains existing business relationship with assigned clients by staying closely connected to internal project teams, monitoring progress of ongoing client projects, as needed, and helping to address and resolve promptly, accurately, effectively, and to the client’s satisfaction, any issues or problems that may arise.
- Address client concerns and ensure the resolution of issues in a timely manner, with follow-up when appropriate.
- Regularly analyzes the profitability and growth of assigned client accounts through KPIs and other metrics; utilizes data in decision-making to maintain or improve account portfolio performance.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships; collaborates across the business to ensure client needs are met and projects stay within scope, budget, timeline, quality, and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Communicates timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they understand company performance, business direction and initiatives, and how they contribute to and benefit from the Company’s success.
- Sets high and clearly defined standards for direct reports; provides current, objective, and complete positive and constructive feedback and addresses performance concerns directly, fairly, and in a timely manner.
- Ensures client retention is maximized by facilitating the delivery of custom tailored solutions to meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 10+ years progressive experience managing client accounts in a Creative Design Agency (advertising, marketing, publishing, film), Market Research firm, or similar consulting Environment required
- 8+ years in a leadership role
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Routine travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- Experience in meeting or exceeding sales targets with new and existing clients.
- Proven experience leading relationships and helping clients develop and deploy marketing communications within one or more industries.
- Strong understanding of effective Creative Design practices, trends, techniques, and processes across various touchpoints or mediums (e.g. MarComms, in-store, online, mobile, print, direct).
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please apply online.