Associate Creative Director
Manchester, ENG, GB, M4 4HD
We are an award-winning agency passionate about packaging and branding for retailers and brands globally. Primarily working with the Food and Drinks industries we have extensive experience in all areas of brand and retail communication. We are looking for an Associate Creative Director who can help lead and inspire the team. The successful applicant will be instrumental in continuing the excellent work we are known for. Do you have a packaging portfolio that will impress? We are looking for someone with strong food and retail experience, an ability to present well to the client, communicate well with teams across the globe and execute the creative brief.
The Associate Creative Director (ACD) needs to be able to work independently as well as part of the Creative teams based in the UK. Developing and directing strategic creative vision and the execution of client assignments with the client service team this position is responsible for defining the creative brief, creative strategy, and creative solution, and the approach to and presentation of the overall project. The ACD champions and protects the brand and/or creative idea while leading and inspiring to deliver the best creative solution that ultimately shapes communications for various touchpoints and is accountable for ensuring the creative deliverables are aligned with the brief to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Leads and champions the Equator process and best practice
- Supports the Design Directors and Creative Director by helping to create timelines, oversees design direction, ensuring all deadlines are met, confirming clients are satisfied with the results and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the duration of the project
- 100% clean file builds for production – sets an example
- Key contact for a principal account – client facing
- Manages and coordinates teams on multiple sites
- Leads projects from concept phase through completion
- Understands client’s key business objectives and helps deliver strategic solutions
- Hands-on project development while directing multiple projects
- Never misses a deadline
- Art directs and mentors’ others on photoshoots
- Strong presentation skills to peers and clients
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Approaches and sets foundations for project with a strategic focus with and the upmost creativity
- Professional skill set in promoting Equator and its goals
- Drive consensus between peers with a positive attitude
- Mentor team members across various sites and disciplines
- Knowledgeable in print production and photography and mentors’ staff to facilitate strong communication between departments
- Takes accountability of timelines and works within budget
- Act as quality control for their projects and others by reviewing and editing the team’s final projects before a presentation
- Collaborates with the photography teams across sites to keep abreast of trends in lighting, propping and food styling to help inspire future projects.
- Experience in Packaging and retail
- Previous Art, Design, Marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Design, Marketing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
Equator is a retail brand design agency that is part of SGK. SGK is a global leader in the design of high performance marketing ecosystems, the creation of content that scales consumer experiences with brands, and the integration of technologies to enable collaborative digital networks. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.