Associate Creative Director
Nottingham, ENG, GB, NG1 1QE
The Associate Creative Director assists the Creative Director with developing and directing creative vision and execution of client assignments. This position is responsible for defining of the creative brief, creative strategy, and creative solution, and the approach to and presentation of the overall project. The Associate Creative Director champions and protects the brand and/or creative idea while leading and inspiring teams to deliver the best creative solution that ultimately shapes communications for various touchpoints. This position supports the Creative Director in leading presentations with clients and is accountable for ensuring the creative deliverables are aligned with the brief and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Maintains senior-level relationships with CD and client; establishes trusted advisor relationships in which clients and colleagues seek out advice and counsel.
- Acts as a strategic partner to assigned clients by demonstrating a deep understanding of their market and business sectors and their specific challenges and opportunities. Provides thought leadership, insights, and perspectives that support client initiatives and align our services with client needs.
- Ensures Creative Design deliverables (i.e. visual concept, design, textual content, etc.) follow project specifications and meet or exceed client needs.
- Provides clear expectations to our internal production group.
- Monitors progress of ongoing Creative Design projects; provides guidance and leadership to address and resolve promptly, accurately, effectively, and to the client’s satisfaction, any issues or problems that may arise.
- Leads project review sessions for assigned clients; utilizes information from review sessions to recommend best practices for copy excellence.
- Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of the highest-level client copywriting deliverables within budget and based on objectives and concepts established by the client. Ã¢ÂÂ¨
- Develops creative, innovative, and cost-effective Creative strategies that meet client needs, utilizing project experience, current market trends, competitor intelligence, and innovative thinking.
- Works closely with multiple teams, departments and clients to create, develop, and complete solutions for specific projects.
- Engages with teams to manage the deliverables of final details and files to ensure a smooth hand-off and a profitable program.
- Supports Company’s profitability efforts by encouraging and actively enabling innovation, creativity, and cost efficiency through all Creative Design client activities.
- Ensures client retention is maximized by delivering custom tailored solutions to meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Design, Marketing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years of previous Art, Design, Marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
Equator is a retail brand design agency that is part of SGK. SGK is a global leader in the design of high performance marketing ecosystems, the creation of content that scales consumer experiences with brands, and the integration of technologies to enable collaborative digital networks. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.