Chicago, IL, US, 60606
The Account Manager builds effective relationships with entry- to mid-level client contacts. This role ensures the efficient coordination of projects from estimation to completion, and partners with the broader project team to ensure deliverables are completed on time and on budget. The Account Manager utilizes an understanding of the Company’s and the client’s industry, business, and products to identify opportunities to sell additional solutions to meet existing client needs.
- Supports the Company’s profitability efforts by managing efficient, accurate, and timely coordination of the assigned project activities.
- Supports the Account Team in its effort to increase revenue through selling additional products and services across the business portfolio.
- Participates in the development of innovative proposals to capture both account growth and new business opportunities.
- Ensures the meeting of volume and revenue targets for each account.
- Builds new relationships and nurturing existing relationships with internal and external clients.
- Serves as the main day-to-day contact on current projects for clients, suppliers, external partners, and the Account team; provides timely responses to all inquiries.
- Participates in meetings with existing clients and internal teams to identify adequate new services/offerings to meet clients’ evolving needs as required; serves as the Subject Matter Expert on processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
- Ensures high quality standards in all client deliverables.
- Coordinates client-specific projects throughout the lifecycle, including estimate creation, selection of appropriate projects and sub-projects, assignment of resources, monitoring project progress, and generation of the client/project invoice.
- Translates client requests and requirements into detailed, and sometimes technical, instructions for project teams.
- Partners with the client, the Account Team, and project teams to resolve identified project issues.
- Ensures accurate and timely invoices are generated by maintaining correct project details and supporting evidence, including change orders and rework, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Initiates new data item requests utilizing the Master Data Management (MDM) process and guidelines to ensure accurate client, project, and financial details are available in the system.
- Partners with Client Integration and the Account Team to ensure a smooth transition for new clients; attend pre-integration and planning meetings as needed.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to develop and/or adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
- Provides solutions for business-related issues and situations and generate specific plans that achieve objectives.
- Manages and balances marketing budgets to maximize Return on Investment (ROI) and drive incremental sales.
- Provides expertise on customer pricing and promotional planning.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years previous account management experience in a Creative Design Agency, Market Research firm or similar consulting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience preferred
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.