07 March 2023
The Food Stylist is a creative professional who will work in the photo studio, creating and preparing food for the clients packaging and editorial imagery. Responsible for shopping and sourcing ingredients, managing kitchen logistics, and producing beautiful food on a timely schedule. Works hand in hand with the photographers, designers, and the account management team in bringing concepts to life.
- Produce food that can withstand on set longevity for a minimum of 3 shots per day.
- Manage production of food and work across sets if the schedule allows.
- Assists with the collaboration with the design team on styling ideas/challenges and product/ingredient reference.
- Manage the grocery shopping for the styling jobs.
- Understand the weekly photo schedule and prepare the ingredients ahead of time.
- Aides in the creation of unique recipes.
- Clean and organize the kitchen as well as the appliances.
- Help develop kitchen/set processes as it pertains to the studio workflow.
- Maintain studio garden of fresh herbs and leaves.
- Source unusual produce when required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in the Culinary Arts or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field is preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in preparing food for photography; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Competency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools,
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please apply online.