Manchester, ENG, GB, M4 4HD
We are an award winning agency specialising in packaging and branding design. With extensive experience in all areas of brand and retail communication we offer a global service.
Are you an Illustrator / Designer looking to work on some fantastic retail/FMCG clients?
Do you have a portfolio that will impress?
We are looking for someone, ideally, with food and retail experience with a a diverse illustration portfolio with an appreciation of great packaging design to join our team in Manchester.
The role is a 1 year maternity cover.
- Lead on illustrative projects and small ranges, showing understanding multiple trends and styles
- Develop moodboards and sketching concepts for their own projects and supporting others
- Assist Snr Creatives in delivering on project needs through strong research skills
- Displaying a knowledge and understanding of key client needs, projects and guidelines
- Understanding and reporting ongoing trends in illustration, food and drink, retail, design & packaging
- Understanding and reporting social and environmental trends
- Work closely with the Account Team to deliver what they need on projects
- Interaction with the production department
- Proactively engage with wider creative teams to understand ongoing projects
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Strong, unique and creative designs
- Proactive, friendly approach
- Ability to plan your time and deliver to deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Illustration or equivalent
- 4+ years progressive design experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to provide professional portfolio upon request
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.