The Design Intern provides support to the Creative team and assists with special creative projects. This internship provides an opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of various creative functions. The Intern is responsible for a variety of tasks designed to support the creative executions being completed. Gain knowledge of and interact with creative, account, production and photography teams and other business professionals throughout the internship.
- Supports day-to-day operations of the Creative department developing a general understanding of all aspects of administration of the creative function including policies, procedures and processes.
- Gains exposure to various creative projects and processes including concept development, mood board creation, photography direction, illustration, typographic design, presentation design and elements contributing to award winning packaging design solutions
- Primary focus will be working with and supporting the Creative department.
- Helps create and develops Design solutions, Presentation Materials, Creative Content Development, and support for creative executions required by our internal team and clients.
- Provides assistance with special projects as needed.
- Additional duties are assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Current enrollment in graduate or undergraduate degree program in a Graphic Design, Communications or Visual Design related field at a recognized college or university
- High/Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong/Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong/Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid/Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please apply online.