Mgr - Business Development
Equator Design is a global branding and packaging agency that combines insightful strategy with inspirational design to deliver creative that excites, engages, and delivers value for our clients’ bottom line.
Passionate about what we do, and led by award-winning creativity, we are also commercially savvy and focused on growing both our own business, and our clients’ market share.
Our creative team of designers, photographers and food stylists, is supported by account management and technical expertise to provide a complete packaging solution for our clients, from concept to shelf. Our under-one-roof approach enables effective multi-disciplinary collaboration across our global studio network and with our clients, setting us apart in our sector.
The Mgr – Business Development supports the organization to win new business and formulate deal structure and terms and conditions. This role analyzes business opportunities in the context of the risk and opportunity and assist the executive team during the due diligence and negotiation phase.
- Leads and actively participates in the Business Development Function.
- Develops a robust process for quantitative and qualitative new business analysis.
- Monitors market trends and recommends strategies to address these trends.
- Evaluates competitor strategies and strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops customer intelligence and recommends customer strategies and channel approaches.
- Leads analytical modeling to forecast market potential, replacement cycles, market share and sales volume.
- Works with the Sales and Marketing team to support market penetration in target areas.
- Establishes and builds personal relationships with the sales team, channel partners, and customers.
- Develops the Business Development team member’s skills and expertise.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Management or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive Marketing, Advertising, Business Management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please apply online.