Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Company: Pure Equator US Inc
Equator is a global packaging design agency, delivering strategy to shelf without compromise. We create powerful brands that get noticed and chosen. Equator is part of SGK.
The Office Coordinator performs and assigns a variety of routine duties in the mail room as well as responds to all service requests for division departments, other divisions, Corporate office, and customers.
- Operates printing machine and other print room equipment according to training and proper procedure. Provides training and instructions for other individuals in office services.
- Maintains and orders all supplies for the print room’s efficient operation and orders paper supplies for the entire facility. Keeps records of all jobs run and produces listing of same when required.
- Provides complete charge out information when required for detail time and material usage.
- Handles check requests for postage meter.
- Separates and processes incoming and outgoing mail in described manner. Delivers and picks up internal mail to and from departments, mail room, mail boxes, and other designated areas.
- Processes via CRT data base associated with mailing and pre-need services of department.
- Relieves telephone operator/receptionist at breaks and lunch time and coordinates this on an ongoing basis.
- Receives all service requests and assigns responsibility to appropriate personnel.
- Provides daily guidance, coordination and leadership to all aspects of office services to assure attainment of objectives.
- Maintains communications to all department levels in the division providing information & status of service requests.
- Coordinates and monitors all mailings to ensure that they are completed in a timely and economical manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of previous administrative or office experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.