Packaging Design Director
Cincinnati, OH, US, 45202
Company: Pure Equator US Inc
Equator is a global packaging design agency, delivering strategy to shelf without compromise. We create powerful brands that get noticed and chosen. Equator is part of SGK
Serves as a Project Team Lead within the Creative sub-Function. Manages multiple Design projects within a location or across multiple locations for small to medium client accounts or specific projects within a larger client account. Provides leadership to internal and/or external Design Team(s) to ensure assigned deliverables meet or exceed internal, industry, and client creative design standards and are completed on-time and on-budget. Directs the execution of the creative brief, creative strategy, and creative solution for assigned projects. Assures the smooth project transition from the design phase to the production phase, interacting with Production Team(s) to ensure smooth workflow.
- Leads the design and engineering of most major client partners for manufactured solutions.
- Directs and assists the design of graphic programs.
- Works and travels with the Account Manager on growth related activity including client meetings and strategic presentations to our clients and potential clients.
- Provides the specific direction and soliciting feedback on the status of current activities, to ensure that client expectations are met on every program.
- Performs administrative duties including, shipping and receiving, ordering supplies, and making travel plans.
- Provides specific direction and work with engineering and prototype department on current and pending activity to ensure that solutions are correct and clients expectations are being met.
- Occasionally assists Account Managers with design solutions and or client presentations.
- Engages in other internal initiatives such as the design of collateral or designer education.
- Organizes and attends client meetings and/or presentations as needed; serves as a Subject Matter Expert regarding project processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
- Ensures high quality standards in all Design client deliverables.
- Leads and monitors client-specific projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Leads internal post-project review sessions with team to improve Creative Design approaches and processes to better serve clients and achieve financial targets.
- Executes and participates in the planning of Creative Design assignments of critical scope and complexity for assigned accounts based on specifications and/or concepts provided.
- Manages and/or oversees internal and/or external Design Team(s) to meet or exceed client needs, ensuring creative deliverables are aligned with creative brief and executed within scope, budget, timeline, quality and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships to ensure a smooth transition from the design phase to the production phase as needed.
- Contributes to the creative deliverables through sketches, concepts, and final computer generated layouts as needed.
- Maintains and utilizes a long-term, holistic view of the business.
- Communicates timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they understand company performance, business direction and initiatives, and how they contribute to and benefit from the Company’s success.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Package Design, Interior Design, Advertising, Marketing, Publishing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Package Design, Interior Design, Advertising, Marketing, Publishing experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.