Manchester, ENG, GB, M4 4HD
Company: Matthews International
We are looking for a Production Artist to join our team in Manchester. They will be responsible for creating high-quality artwork for packaging production assignments to be incorporated in the final layout for assembly. This role incorporates branding guidelines (e.g. photography, text, legal requirements, etc.) into artwork layout (e.g. packaging, circulars, etc.) per client’s technical specifications.
- Attends any client meetings (e.g. pre-production) with team to gather information on production assignments.
- Produces high quality standards in all production client deliverables.
- Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of high quality basic to intermediate level artwork, effectively using industry standard software, tools, and print techniques.
- Performs assigned tasks within the overall production workflow and assigned budget, according to work order specifications, industry and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), company standards, and the client’s Brand guidelines and standards.
- Ensures client project team has most current information about the status of the assigned project(s) by logging and maintaining project plan information into the project tracking system.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts or related field
- Previous graphic arts experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer software skills within Apple Mac equipment and operating systems, Adobe Design Suite, Acrobat plus QuarkXpress, Agile, etc.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
Equator is a retail brand design agency that is part of SGK. SGK is a global leader in the design of high performance marketing ecosystems, the creation of content that scales consumer experiences with brands, and the integration of technologies to enable collaborative digital networks. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.