Senior Client Manager
Darlinghurst, NSW, AU, 2010
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale faster and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
There is an opportunity for an Account Manager/Senior Account Manager to join Equator’s growing Sydney team managing the one of our clients packaging business.
Your key responsibilities in the role of Account Manager are as follows:
Project and Client Service Duties:
- Management of Packaging and Brand Design projects from brief and strategy through to artwork completion and proof stage.
- Ensure projects meet agreed deadlines.
- Respond promptly to client/supplier/printer reprographic requests.
- Assist in market research for food, health & beauty packaging in the Australian retail market.
- Briefing and management of external agencies and suppliers, design and print production.
- Managing client’s suppliers in relation to design projects.
- Producing accurate briefs for design and artwork.
- On a project basis, design briefing creative designer/artworker.
- Prioritising, planning and scheduling of design/art work in accordance with deadlines.
- Manage scheduling of photography/food stylists/printers.
- Co-ordination of photographic shoots.
- Managing sign off of artwork from suppliers and legal body.
- Artwork and Proof checking.
- Client Servicing and Management of assigned Buying Directors
- Scope project work and deliverables
- Project estimating based on project scope
- Market research
- Brand review presentations and recommendations to client
- Style Guides/Brand Guidelines
- Scope style guide requirements
- Design/Artwork briefing and management
- Brief and manage style guide creation including copy writing (as required) and checking
- Manage the upload process onto client’s Brand Guidelines Web
- Estimating & Billing
- Client finance reporting
- Minimum 3 years experience in packaging design
- Client focused
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent Presentation and negotiation skills
- Confident, tactful and persuasive manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Commercially minded with ability to manage budgets
- Strategic thinking
- Problem solving – ability to think on feet
People and Culture are a real focus of the business and that is evident in the low staff turnover, the culture is very supportive and has a true sense of family and working collaboratively. With the focus of growth in the business there really is great opportunity to progress and thrive in that environment.
Equator is an award winning global packaging design and branding company with offices in Manchester, Nottingham, Dublin, Chicago and Sydney.
It is a rapidly growing business and globally they employ more than 500 people and have a number of big clients, mostly in the food and beverage market.
Our brand is built on the passion and dedication of all the people behind it, sharing our thinking and working collaboratively, we’re creating stunning brands 24 hours a day somewhere around the world.
Through collaborative and creative thinking we help brands and retailers develop meaningful messages that are commercially impactful. Our team understands that strategic thinking is the basis for great results. Ambitious, minus the ego, we’re passionate about design and the work we do and it always shows.
Focussed on Business Solutions
Owing to our experience within the retail environment we are skilled at devising and implementing a wide range of solutions for large corporates, global organisations and SMEs. We know how to simplify the packaging and NPD process, ensuring reliability and compliance of all elements in terms of legal and regulatory requirements.
Our highly skilled team, some of which come from large retailer backgrounds are aware of the challenges that can arise and have been successful in developing and rolling out systems to guide client’s through the process to deliver an outcome that is strategically aligned with the brand vision. Keeping costs and stress levels to an absolute minimum.
Working all under one roof
From strategic brand creation, design and development through to artwork and production, our entire team work collaboratively in one building. Our collective response to a brief ensures the work we produce stays to our creative vision, guaranteeing quicker, slicker solutions that are impactful on the bottom line.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.