Senior Packaging Designer
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Equator Design, Inc. seeks a Senior Packaging Designer to work in Chicago, IL, and be responsible for designing creative food packaging concepts that effectively communicate product attributes in a visual manner. Specific duties will include:
- Leading design process, including realistic sketching, creating mood boards and mockups
- Determining materials and producing finish reference charts that meet market and physical specifications
- Designing and delivering functional branding by creating layouts and illustrations for a wide range of food packaging products
- Understanding design objectives, targeted consumers and consumer behavior patterns
- Collaborating with project teams and key stakeholders to direct a project to brand vision
- Delivering illustrations, photo manipulations, and typography using digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Facilitating clients product visions by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and showcasing mockups for a wide range of packaging products
- Ensuring high quality standards for creative design deliverables and reviewing designs for accuracy before printing or publishing
- Identifying design problems/flaws and implementing practical creative solutions that meet client specifications
- Taking smart risks championing new ideas and presenting creative concepts to clients
- Optimizing designs for different materials and print specifications
- Preparing and directing photography and art takes
- Must possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Graphic Design or Fine Arts
- Five (5) years of post-baccalaureate progressively responsible experience in food and beverage packaging graphic design
- Five-year experience must include developing graphic design strategies, including analyzing, researching and creating/developing visual solutions
- Must know (from any completed university-level courses, seminars, workshops, or real-world hands-on experience): flexography; lithography; rotogravure; dry offset; and computer programs (photoshop, illustrator, and indesign)
- Portfolio required with a minimum of 7 examples of different food or beverage packaging design projects
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.