Senior Production Artist
Manchester, ENG, GB, M4 4HD
Company: Matthews International
We are recruiting for a Production Artist to join our studio in central Manchester.
The Production Artist creates artworks from Design master files, Cascade documents, corporate guidelines and brief supplied ensuring brand consistency and colour application within all packaging technical restrictions.
Take ownership of the design and legal pack copy application onto packaging formats, incorporating corporate guidelines and print processes to ensure right first-time artwork.
- To create print ready artwork from design files, corporate guidelines, print specification and brief received.
- To adhere to an artwork checklist, checking all artworks to ensure the highest possible standard.
- To have excellent brand and design awareness, actively being considered including colours, varnishes, whites, printer specification and mark-up.
- To work with Studio Manager, the internal creative artwork team, QA, Pre-production to ensure that all artwork work produced is consistently across the account. To hold range reviews and to communicate issues to the relevant production staff.
- To be fully up to date with all master guidelines relevant to the client you are assigned to. To ensure all ranges are consistent to masters/guidelines, within the range and with other ranges both in progress and on shelf.
- To meet all required deadlines for your assigned client in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- To be proficient in all relevant software and to utilise the MIS and any other required systems correctly.
- To actively participate the in the studio team, communicating well and working towards a right first-time approach. To attend internal hero meetings and work with the Project manager to ensure information from the meeting is passed to all relevant production staff.
- Previous experience as a production artist/artworker
- Excellent illustrator skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communicator
- Organisational skills
- Confidence to work on a variety of briefs and resolve any issues
Equator is a retail brand design agency that is part of SGK. SGK is a global leader in the design of high performance marketing ecosystems, the creation of content that scales consumer experiences with brands, and the integration of technologies to enable collaborative digital networks. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.