14 February 2023
Do you crave a creative environment where unconventional thinking is actively encouraged? Are you willing to take risks and champion new ideas? We’re looking for a senior packaging designer to lead the design process and bring our clients’ product vision to life, creating layouts and illustrations for a wide range of food packaging products. If you’re keen to advance your creative expertise as part of a passionate, dynamic team, this could be the role for you.
- Leading the design process, including developing realistic sketches, creating mood boards and mock-ups.
- Responsible for selecting materials and producing finish reference charts that meet market and physical specifications.
- Designing and delivering functional branding by creating layouts and illustrations for a wide range of food packaging products.
- Gathering insight to inform design objectives, including understanding key consumer groups and their behavior patterns.
- Collaborating and working closely with our project teams and key stakeholders to direct a project to brand vision.
- Delivering illustrations, photo manipulations, and typography using digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs.
- Bringing our clients’ product vision to life by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and showcasing mock-ups for a wide range of packaging products.
- Highly attentive to detail, ensuring our high-quality standards for creative design deliverables are met and reviewing designs for accuracy before printing or publishing.
- Identifying design problems/flaws and implementing practical creative solutions that meet client specifications.
- Willing to take risks, champion new ideas and present creative concepts to clients.
- Optimizing designs for different materials and print specifications.
- Preparing and directing photography and art takes.
- Leads design project from concept phase through successful completion.
- Develops and implements visual elements or creative concepts for project deliverables.
- Translates existing and emerging concepts into actual brand and/or product designs.
- Integrates images, text, motion, etc. with a great sense of aesthetics, while executing against the brand/product vision or brief.
- Acts as a liaison amongst production department to ensure results meet project specifications.
- Develops working relationships with clients to fully understand requirements and expectations.
- Leads project meetings to understand concept, timelines, objectives and specifications.
- Communicates project deliverables across design team and production department.
- Presents ideas, research and trends during creative meetings with both internal teams and external clients.
- Works with creative teams to direct photoshoots for design projects.
- Oversees project deadlines to ensure they are met consistently.
- Ensures projects are on track to be completed on time and within budget.
- Creates presentations, moodboards and proposals based upon project scope.
- Advises the design team with technical problem solving in the development of design elements and layouts.
- Recommends improvements in creative design concept, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks to management.
- Conducts market research to stay up-to-date on market trends and new design developments.
- Advises Designers and Jr Designers throughout project deliverables.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Design, Advertising, Marketing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years of previous design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Proficient with design software (Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXpress, etc.); ability to provide professional portfolio upon request
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit;; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please apply online.