Cincinnati, OH, US, 45202
The Sr Designer utilizes strong conceptual thinking and design knowledge to translate client concepts into design pieces. This role visualizes and develops solutions for products and campaigns, while mentoring team members to achieve project goals. The Sr Designer utilizes creative thinking while following brand standards and internal workflows to create designs that meet project deliverables in an efficient manner.
- Leads design project from concept phase through successful completion.
- Develops and implements visual elements or creative concepts for project deliverables.
- Translates existing and emerging concepts into actual brand and/or product designs.
- Integrates images, text, motion, etc. with a great sense of aesthetics, while executing against the brand/product vision or brief.
- Acts as a liaison amongst production department to ensure results meet project specifications.
- Develops working relationships with clients to fully understand requirements and expectations.
- Leads project meetings to understand concept, timelines, objectives and specifications.
- Communicates project deliverables across design team and production department.
- Presents ideas, research and trends during creative meetings with both internal teams and external clients.
- Works with creative teams to direct photoshoots for design projects.
- Oversees project deadlines to ensure they are met consistently.
- Ensures projects are on track to be completed on time and within budget.
- Creates presentations, moodboards and proposals based upon project scope.
- Advises the design team with technical problem solving in the development of design elements and layouts.
- Recommends improvements in creative design concept, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks to management.
- Conducts market research to stay up-to-date on market trends and new design developments.
- Advises Designers and Jr Designers throughout project deliverables.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Design, Advertising, Marketing or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years of previous design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Proficient with design software (Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXpress, etc.); ability to provide professional portfolio upon request
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit;; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Apply for this role
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team then please get in touch below, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio if appropriate.